1. Second season of The Walking Dead. This show is so good.
2. Comic Book Men on AMC. Brings me back to when I collected comics.
3. The Shamrock Shake at McDonald’s. It like Kemp’s Frosty Trees as a shake.
4. Season 2 of The Killing (also on AMC) starting up first week of April.
5. The IPad 3 (or whatever they call it – the new iPad… iPad… Who knows). It is beyond words how awesome this device is.
6. Matthew Perryman Jones. More on him soon. He is such an amazing singer and songwriter.
7. Keane’s new album coming out in May. From the sound of it, it’s a return to the sound of their first album… Which is a very good thing.
8. Reading Cardinal Newman’s sermons during Lent. What a great mind with such an insight into the human condition.
1. The warm weather means that I can’t wear sweaters anymore which in turn means that I have to iron my dress shirts. I love wearing a wrinkled shirt under a sweater hat no one will see…
2. The upcoming bug infested spring and summer due to not having a winter this year.
3. The talent on American Idol this season. I guess I’m rooting for Phillip Phillips… Hey June you need to go soon…
A lot of music news these days:
New Album by Coldplay out on October 24th
Coldplay is the U2 of this generation. They have been putting out solid music for over a decade now with their last album being one of the best ever. I can’t wait for this new album to come out. The only reservation I have for it is that Rihanna is on one of the songs.
Here is the cover and tracklisting:
1. Mylo Xyloto
2. Hurts Like Heaven
4. Charlie Brown
5. Us Against The World
7. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
8. Major Minus
10. Princess Of China
11. Up In Flames
12. A Hopeful Transmission
13. Don’t Let It Break Your Heart
14. Up With The Birds
Here is Coldplay on Jimmy Kimmel playing one of their new songs “Charlie Brown” (which will be one of their all time classics… the music is brilliant):
New Christmas Album by Michael Buble
I’m starting to think that this album will one of the “essential” Christmas albums to own (along with Josh Groban, Andrea Bocelli, etc. – a post on this later). I was worried about his cover of Mariah’s “All I Want for Christmas is You” but after watching the video below I’m not worried at all)
Here is the tracklisting:
1. It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
2. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
3. Jingle Bells [featuring the Puppini Sisters]
4. White Christmas [duet with Shania Twain]
5. All I Want For Christmas Is You
6. Holly Jolly Christmas
7. Santa Baby
8. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
9. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
10. Silent Night
11. Blue Christmas
12. Cold December Night
13. I’ll Be Home For Christmas
14. Ave Maria
15. Mis Deseos/Feliz Navidad” [duet with Thalia]
Special Edition Bonus Tracks
Frosty the Snowman
Silver Bells [featuring Naturally 7]
Here are a couple behind the scenes videos which sound amazing. Having David Foster helping you out doesn’t hurt either…
Watch this clip:
How in the world does Hank Johnson (Democrat from Georgia) hold ANY seat in our Government? This man is obviously very confused. This man casted a vote in favor of Obama-Care recently. If he thinks an island can tip over due to overpopulation, do you really think he understands what he voted for? The answer is “NO”.
Starting last night U2 will be playing on Letterman EVERY NIGHT for the entire week promoting their new album which came out today: No Line on the Horizon. The album has been getting really high ratings and reviews. Rolling Stone a perfect rating and Entertainment Weekly an A- … just to name a couple. I’ve been listening to it non-stop and can say definitively that it is their best since Achtung Baby. It’s unreal. Go out an buy it already!
Here is the video for their first night (last night – Monday) when they performed “Breathe”.
The Loop Page (forgotten about it didn’t you…) has been updated with stuff extending to 2012… more will be added soon! These are things to look forward to if you have lost all hope.
Here is where you can listen to it: http://goyb.u2.com/ The audio will load automatically and will play… (it takes about a minute or so)
If that doesn’t work go here:
Personally, I’ve listened to it about 5 times now and it gets better with each listen. The first listen had me confused, especially during the chorus (“You don’t know how beautiful you are”). But now I know what to expect it’s not bad. The end of the song is probably the best part.
Answer the poll question above to say what you think about it!